Saturday, August 28, 2010

My "Spotlight On Howard Cruse" Panel at San Diego on YouTube

Want to see what I'm doing when I'm not involved with Ditko or Everett? The Spotlight On Howard Cruse panel that I moderated at this year's San Diego Comicon is up on YouTube (four parts, runs about 50 mins). I had the pleasure of learning a great deal about Howard's work on Barefootz (in the 1970s), Wendel, Gay Comix (in the 1980s) and his seminal graphic novel, Stuck Rubber Baby (in the 1990s) back in 2001/02 when I interviewed his husband Eddie Sebarbaum for my first book, I Have To Live With This Guy!. Truth be told, I have one or two more books in me on Golden/Silver Age comic-book artists, but then my next dream books would be on Dave Sim and chronicling the rise of the independent/alternative comics from the late 1970s that morphed into the graphic novel industry that we know today. If only March did have 32 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment